Saturday 8 March 2014

Send No Money

Send No Money          .....is now grown up, but needs help.         (cynical poem)         

Standing under the fobbed
Impendent belly of Time   ............loss of time Tell me the truth, I said                   ........he wants the truth and wants to be able to see the truth
Teach me the way things go
All the other lads there
Were itching to have a bash
But I thought wanting unfair
It and finding out clash

So he patted my head, booming Boy
There's no green in your eye           ........Larkin always saw the truth, he's never been naïve
Sit here and watch the hail

Of occurence clobber life out
To a shape no one sees
Dare you look at that straight?
Oh ,thank you, I said ,Oh yes please   ...........  done what he's been told, has manors
And sat down to wait     ..........see what the future brings.
Half life is over now     ..............middle aged, wasted time
And I meet full face on dark mornings  ............ boring life no excitement.
The bestial visor, bent in             ...............helmet to protect him from the future
By the blows of what happened to happen
What does it prove? Sod all  .............. disappointed in what life has brought.
In this way I spent youth
Tracing the trite untransferable       ...........lost his youth, spent it trying to the  truth in life. Truss-advertisement, truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment